Sunday, November 7, 2010

On to Week 2

I feel like day after day this just keeps getting harder. I know I have the ability to get through 15 more weeks, but it will take every fiber of my being.  It was definitely a true test of my will being with family this weekend, as I endured another day of selecting dietable options off a restaurant menu.
I did the very best I could selecting blackened chicken and veggies, it wasn't until later this evening that I realized how hungry I was. I had eaten all my allotted proteins for the day and veggies. I was left to fruit, which isn't the most filling dinner. I have struggled through this evening consuming more than my share of water in an attempt to fill myself up.  While putting the dishes away I stumble upon a fortune cookie from a few weeks ago. I couldn't resist it tonight, not after the weekend that I have had. There it was staring at me, taunting me.  I could blame it on the need to read my fortune, but no I was hypnotized by the delicate sweetness of the Chinese food dessert.  I slowly devoured every bit of that damn cookie. I didn't need it, but I couldn't help myself. I cheated. With a damn fortune cookie. F-ing cookie.

In an attempt to make up for it,  I took a long walk with my dog tonight. I can't beat myself up for too long. It was just a tiny cookie. It did have a pretty good fortune.

Ok lets do this week two!

1 comment:

  1. Rachel...one small treat will not hurt, sometimes your soul needs it. I wish you luck on your quest! As you know I did the FIT challenge with everyone watching, so I know you can do it!
    After my surgery, I've gained 10 pounds and lost a lot of muscle mass...so I may need to join you!

    ReplyDelete