Tuesday, November 2, 2010

16 Weeks to a New Me!

Have you ever had one of those moments that makes you literally want to stop eating? I never feel that way. I could eat all the time. When I was a child my family, meaning no harm, would ask me if I was hungry and before I could even answer they would reply some thing like 'Rae being hungry, duh!' I never really considered myself a fat kid, but I love food. So here I am, now 27 years old and I am considered obese. I figured that the moment the scale finally hit 180, was my breaking point, I think I cried for three straight days. What am I going to do about this? I need to lose weight. My father passed away at 35 years old of a massive heart attack, so if I do not get healthy I may not make it.
My decision has been on the fence for about a week. I am considering spending a small fortune in order to achieve a goal that I have been failing at for 5+ years. I want to lose weight! I am not talking like 5 or 10 lbs, but I need to lose 50 lbs! Therefore, I started yesterday on a very strict 3-day start to a lifestyle change.
Day 1
Today was a breeze! However, isn't the first day usually easier than all the other days? It's not hard not cheat on the first day. I can totally do this. I ate like 2 lbs of meat on day one. I don't think I have ever had that much red meat in one day in my entire life. Red meat, oh and raw green vegetables. There isn't much else to say except that I am full of water, have peed seventeen thousand times, and have had enough red meat to feed a small army.
Day 2
Let me break it down for you. This is not easy. I guess losing weight is not easy right. I started out this morning with my fat free sugar free coffee, 2 eggs and 1/2 lb of hamburger meat,(seasoned the best I can with Mrs. Dash) and glass one of my 10 glasses of water. I felt good. A little rushed getting out the door, but good. Then it's down hill, massive headache that went away after coffee returned about 10:45am for the kill. I am sitting at my desk thinking, I have to get out of here. I need sugar, candy, and soda!
I did such a great job at lunch with my grilled chicken salad, hold the tomatoes and egg and tortilla strips, with vinaigrette dressing, and a huge class of water. Still no match for the curdling headache. I get back in my car to return to the office and there calling my name in the bottom of my cup holder is one snack sized bag of Reece's Pieces. You should have been there, I am screaming to myself in the car 'I can't handle this, I mean really! I was so good about hiding all of the Halloween Candy. How in the hell did that get there?' Okay, I thought to myself, I am not going to let this tiny bag consume me. What can I do? Hide it, no cause I will know it is there always, taunting me. I threw it out the window. I won! Even if I had to litter to win today, candy is no match for me.
I made it to five o'clock, which was mostly because I locked myself in the office with my work and my water. Finally some success today, I weighed in this evening and was down 2.6 lbs. What's bad is all I can think about, 'Woo! Can I have some carbs now?' Now don't panic; I jumped on this bandwagon and I did not have carbs tonight but I was so freaking excited that I wanted to have them. I told you guys I was an eater. I settled down to have my lovely meaty dinner (attempting to finish the last of my two pounds of meat) with a salad and some green beans. Now, keep in mind I should be having raw green vegetables. Let me just say, raw green beans are not meant to be eaten. I don't think that I have ever seen anyone eat a raw green bean, but tonight ladies and gentlemen, I ate a raw green bean. It tasted like shit! Like I was munching on some grass. I really don't think that green beans are meant to be eaten raw. So I pilled on a bit more salad covered it in the Fat Free dressing that I can have and ate my meat. What can I say, with this day 'I'll have my meat and eat it too!' Now if I could just get rid of this headache...where's my diet clear soda?

No comments:

Post a Comment