Thursday, November 4, 2010

Introducing new food...well food that you can't get at a drive thru...

I hate dieting. I hate the feeling that I am so restricted. I am a caged carinvore, waiting to devour my carefully weighed meat portion for my 5th and final meal of the day.  Day four was more difficult than I expected. I have realized that time will be the essence of this life style change.  I need more time to prepare the detailed measurments of my daily food intake.
 Today I added two fruits, two starches (restricted to diet bread and other starches that I don't know if I have ever heard of...Stay tuned..I will cover the diet bread) and four vegtables. I also have to have two protiens and two snacky protiens like a drink or a bar to consume. After 3 days of very limited food, I am wondering how to get it all in. Have no fear, I had no trouble eating everything I was alloted.  Which brings me to the most intersting part of my morning, the diet bread.  Not quite as cardboard like as I was expecting, and it was almost exactly like toast until I caught apart without the yummy smart balance on it; thats when I realized it was diet bread. I am sure you were expecting me to go off on the diet bread, but it really wasn't that bad...and only 40 calories. The only thing that wasn't very good that I had to eat today was the bark like protein bar that was supposed to be peanut butter flavored, that actually may have resembled the biscuts that I feed my dog. 
I know what you are thinking, that didn't really sound like a reason to be frazzled all day long. I literally felt like I was eating all day long. I am losing valuable time at my office trying to remember how long it has been since my last meal, and if it was time again for protein.  I know that my being blessed by mother nature only added to the quick frazzle today; I mean I wouldn't even step on the scale because I feel so much heavier today. I think over-all I am disliking being on a diet, but I am disliking being a women on a diet more. It is an hour-by-hour roller coaster of emotions.
My mother eased my mind this evening, with her reminders that it will be worth it in a week, when the stars align themselves and mother nature leaves me alone for 28 days, and all of a sudden I am lighter by 8 pounds. I love my mother and her sweet attempts to make me always feel beautiful, all while she is prepping a yummy dinner at her house full of things that Im not sure if I will ever be able to eat again. Seriously though I am only being dramatic, my folks were having salmon.
I think my list of foods I can have added to the stress of the day. I was only looking for a few things on my menu for the next 16 weeks, I didn't find the most important food group, CHEESE! I think I am going to miss cheese the most. I am obsessed with cheese, but seriously who isn't? I am actually about to go to bed and I will probably have dreams about cheese. They will revert back to the horrorable childhood memories of having high colesteral at the old age of 5. I am not even joking with you. I was five and had to stick to a restricted diet of one piece of cheese a week.  Lets just say I ate a lot of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches at school that year. Let the sea of cheese forsake my dreams...

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Rache! I gave up dairy not too long ago to help clear up my skin (nothing was working) and it has helped tremendously! I can tell you things taste delicious without cheese :) Good luck lady!

    ReplyDelete