Thursday, November 4, 2010

I see an ending to the sea of red meat!

Day three came and went.  It was again another struggle of a day.  I had to again consume 2 lbs of red meat, which was quite disgusting after two previous days of it. I skipped the meat with my eggs this morning and headed off to weigh in and participate in my nutrition class. The day suddenly got better, I am offically down 4.6 lbs!  I can also eat more food starting on Day 4. And another up side is that I can't eat red meat for three days starting on Day 4.  I am really looking forward to no red meat, and adding fruits.  I am handed my "Diet Bible" from my counselor and told that it must go everywhere with me for the next 16 weeks.
 I guess I haven't completely heard that number before. 16 weeks. I will be 50 pounds lighter in 16 weeks.  I am not sure what I will look like 50 lbs lighter, but I think I'm gonna like it.  Since I was caught completly off-guard by that fact, I had to go shopping. I bought this cute pair of Carlos Santana Pumps, Since I have decided to forgo clothes shopping for the next sixteen weeks.
 Lunch was easier than I thought it would be, my 8 oz steak went down very well with my sixth glass of water for the day.  It has been a long time since I had to count glasses of water, or creatively remember how many cups are in a pint. Isn't it sad that companys of soda pop are making millions of dollars off of us, when really the only beverage that we need is water. It's true, I am a soda junkie, well I was until 3 days ago, but come on, give us sugar in any form and we will jump at the bait for it.  I really would do much better on a soda or liquid-in-an-form only diet. Of course then I really would have a bulldoser for an ass.
Work consumed the rest of my afternoon, which was good because cravings for fried food hit me when four of my students brought in something deliciously fried from the nearbye Sonic.  What I wouldn't give for onion rings, or mozzarella sticks fresh out of the grease. Or even that soda pop, probably Bargs Root Beer or Dr. Pepper, that was purchased for only 1/2 the normal cost. That is a deal ever a dieter wants to take advantage of.  As work came to an end, it was time to figure out how to consume one more pound of meat. A few friends decided we should go out, and wouldn't you know, they picked MEXICAN FOOD!  What does a sad 4.6lb less weight dieter have to do to catch a break? I know you are all panicing, but have no fear, chips are no match for me. Fajita type steak, chicken and a few veggies...and Volia! I am still on track. I really think I had like a pound and a half of meat more than I actually needed... but oh well... I was trying not to eat the chips so I kept stuffing my face with the fajita.

No comments:

Post a Comment