Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I Chaturanga posed my weight down 2 more pounds!

I haven't done yoga in a while, I don't think I have ever been that hot! It was a burning 98.6 degrees last night at sun-stone studios in Flower Mound, and I was pouring buckets of sweat the entire 60 min class. I broke a sweat walking into the hot room. At first, my thought was how in the hell is 98.6 degrees going to be relaxing, but after lying down and preparing myself for class, I was loving it. Then it hit me, it has been a long time since I have bent myself into some of these positions.  I was pretty good about staying focused and breathing through the pain, but as my forehead had to make contact to my knee for the 4th time, I began to let the 60% humidity take over me.  I began to lose focus, I was standing in tree position trying to hold on to my soaking wet foot, then kicking my foot forward into whatever that pose is called, and a flush came over me. We were now at the climax point and I needed to lie down.  It is very hard to quickly cool your body in 98.6 degree heat.  I was sweating rivers of every inch of my body.  I think I downed my entire water bottle in 30 seconds.  After a few minutes, I joined the group for the remainder of class.  I felt so much better, even today I am feeling refreshed.  I allowed myself to cool off with a cold shower afterwards.
After a long day at the office, it was a relief to weigh in tonight and be back down.  Not only was I down the gain from yesterday, but I am down 6.8 pounds total. Woo!  I will be 10 down by the end of the week, fingers crossed...now on to my delightful dreams of the food I wont be having anytime soon...I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment