Monday, February 6, 2012

I'm gonna be P90xy!

After one week down of P90X, I am still sore in places that I have never been sore. They are not kidding when they tell you that it is a serious workout.  I was feeling it all week, more and more every day.  Have no fear, it is the good sore.  I feel like I have already accomplished so much.  Now with the scale I am still up and down; however my clothes are getting bigger.  I think that actually means that I am getting a bit smaller.  Even just after one week, I am feeling stronger and even sexier.  I am sure that the scale would move more if I could put down the wine glass. It is hard to be 28, and not have a social drinking life. Not to mention the fact that I am living in a small town, with not much else to do, but drink. If your not drinking, you realize where you are living.  (Don't get me wrong, I love love my Waco friends, but I am in serious need of a brunch place with bottomless mimosas)
I always say, eating is the hardest part of losing weight.  I am absolutely over the astronaut meals that make up my Nutrasystem diet.  The meatloaf actually tastes the way I would assume cardboard tastes. The mash-potatoes, I won't even go there. I actually have taken too many days off the system this week, so I know that tomorrow's frozen egg like imitation omelette is going to satisfy every tastebud In my sweet little mouth. I'll be honest, it looks better than it tastes. I know I have made you all suffer, through good and bad diet food.  Here's my problem. NutraSystem is terribly convenient! I work late hours, so it is nice to only have to quickly use the microwave for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I'll be honest,I Miss cooking. It's a art!  Mixing flavors, and sampling along the way.  Too bad every sample goes right to my thighs. I know I could try to be a healthy cook, I mean I do really like to roast veggies, but they're even better when mixed with pasta.  My favorite part about eating Italian dishes is soaking all the sauce up with a chunky piece of bread. My mouth is salivating, just typing about it!  Ok, Rachel! Focus!  Healthy food! We were actually pretty good at our tiny superbowl party last night. We had spinach and artichoke dip with pita chips, hummus, and some delicious jalapeno cilantro goat cheese.  Its obvious that there were no men at our party.  We were doing good until one of the fab ladies, which shall remain nameless, BROUGHT BREAD! And not just plain bread it was stuffed with Cheese and pepperoni!!!  I know what your thinking, I could have said no to the bread, but it was there hot out of my oven. I didn't want to be rude and not have any.  I had like three or four pieces.  I am such a better!  And I had a few beers. Not actual beers, Ultra 55 calories! LOL.  I need to focus on being a skinny bitch. That series of health books is a whole blog on its own. I'll  get to that on another night.  For now I am going to stick to this killer workout routine and a few more months of astronaut meals. I mean I am only 83 days away from being seriously sexy. Not just sexy, but P90xy!

1 comment:

  1. Have you looked into The Simple Diet? It seems like a combination of WW and NutriSystems.

    ReplyDelete