Monday, January 23, 2012

I'll have what she's having!

During painful weeks of dieting it is hard to stay focused at the lack of food in front of you.  I catch myself listening to what other people order at restaurants and try to convince myself that what they are getting could fall into my diet.  The burger, for example, could work if you take off the bun, cheese, mayo (since I don’t like mustard) and the bacon, but then isn’t it really only a piece of chop steak with some lettuce on top?  What remains on the plate is nothing like a burger!  I find myself drooling into my salad as the lady next to me devours the made to order burger that is dripping with calories. It’s like she is temping me the whole time!  I swear when your dieting you can actually hear the rest of the crowd enjoying their food.  They moan, groan, and swoon over each bite and laugh at you and your salad with grilled chicken and vinaigrette.  This salad doesn’t make me moan!  I immediately think of When Harry Met Sally and the ‘O’ Scene. However, in my movie montage she is actually moaning over how great her food is and everyone else in the entire restaurant is moaning right along with her. “Oh, Yes! So good!”; “Give me more!”; “Ummm” and several other explicit comments.  How am I supposed to enjoy lettuce with moaning going on in my head over every other dish in the world?   Why am I dieting?  Oh yeah, reality check- to get healthy and lose weight!  That’s right. Stay focused.  I have to remember that after I lose my extra weight then I can walk into a restaurant, hear the orgasms over food all around me and say “I’ll have what she’s having”  in moderation of course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment