Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thirty days til Christmas, great time to start a diet?

After reaching a heffer like state in the last few months of falling in love, I have apparently also gone a little crazy because I have decided to start a diet 30 days before Christmas.  It's the holiday season, and eventhough I will be making plenty of seasonal treats, I will not be having any of them!  Yep, pretty stinking crazy!  Ok ok, I'll admit there is no way that I can actually not have any of the sugary goodies that will soon grace my eyes, but I am really going to master self-control.  
why now, you ask?  Why not!  In a little over a month we will all be sitting around in the company of those that care about us the most.  By care, I mean JUDGE!  No offense to families, and I know that they are only "judging out of love."  We are the worst around other family members.   Ya know that saying that a mirror doesn't lie, well neither does your family. I can already feels those eyes noticing my muffin top.  Even if they don't say a word, the look of disgust does it all.   I am just as guilty of thinking about how many servings I can have of the holiday meal, before someone thinks to themselves...she has had enough.  Don't misunderstand me, I love my family, I am just describing how ovbious they can be when you've put on a few love pounds.   I can't sit here and act like I am not also guilty of this cricital analysis of what my family members eat or don't eat. We all do it!  That's not even the worst part, the worst is the pictures that will be taken that are evidence of the weigh you know you need to lose.
Now, this blog is about dieting... So let's get to the new fad that I have agreed to try.  I am kicking off this new phase of 'What doesn't kill me makes me hotter', with the....drum roll please...Cabbage Soup diet!  Did you all just gag, like I did?  If you are wondering where in the hell I came up with this just look it up. I sit here tonight, being a lovely couch date for Sunday Night Football while the biggest pot in the kitchen simmers cabbage, veggies, spices and V8.  Doesn't that sound delicious?  For the next seven days the soup will be accompanying most of my meals. 
30 days is plenty of time to rock the weight loss, so that when all of the family pictures start flashing,  I'll know I look fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment